Two concurrent streams of policy and clinical sessions
The Nursing & Residential Care Show will bring together nurses, care home owners and managers, healthcare assistants and other support staff to the Hilton Brighton Metropole Hotel on Monday 20 March 2017.
The Nursing & Residential Care Show will be a completely CPD-accredited event, focusing specifically on the clinical and policy issues that affect both nursing and care homes. The event will also feature a technology hub where delegates can learn about the latest technical developments and advancements in the care industry.
The theme of this year’s event is communication. This show will bring together care workers, government figures and industry partners to demonstrate the strengths of the care system and how to overcome the challenges faced by care professionals today.
The programme has been spilt into two concurrent streams to allow delegates to pick and choice the topics most relevant to them.
Firstly, our policy stream is designed to appeal to care home owners and managers.:
- NMC revalidation for nurses
- How to prepare for a CQC inspection
- Understanding the Care Certificate
- Making your home dementia-friendly
- Ensuring dignity in care
- Recruitment and retention of staff
- Legal aspects of care
- Innovations in supporting care
- Activities to support those with dementia and memory loss
- CQC: new enforcement policy and special measures
Secondly, our clinical stream is designed to appeal to care home nurses, healthcare assistants and support workers.
- Recognition and prevention of pressure ulcers
- Wound assessment in the care home
- Understanding stoma care in the older patient
- Overcoming nutritional issues
- Treating constipation
- Incontinence and dermatology
- Assessment and management of lymphoedema
- Preventing falls
- Personalised care for long-term conditions
- Medication management